A thousand years from now…
I will only remember how we loved each other
how I forgot about the world on seeing your beautiful face
how we looked at the full moon
how we enjoyed the summer breeze
how we enjoyed a motorcycle ride against the winds, how we were scared to ride on a merry-go-round; how we spread colors in the air
but…I will never remember how we fought daily, how we spent sleepless nights after quarrels
how we cursed each other
how we prayed for separation
how we never stopped each other from walking out
how we tried to destroy everything in our living room
Love, I will remember you, not the destructive storm you carry inside!!
The world is divided into two types of people,
- One who speaks the truth and the one who believes in oiling
- One who goes with the flow and one who goes against it
- One who speaks his mind and one who reads your mind
- One who is a daydreamer and one who is a night thinker
- One who thinks, “If this day never stops” and one who thinks, “If this night never ends.”
- One who is happy-go-lucky and who overthinks.
- One who uses only shampoo and one who uses shampoo, conditioner and does hair spa.
- One who is theist and one who is atheist.
- One who loves sunrise and one who loves sunset.
- One who loves to dance with others and one sings alone.
- One who loves a crowded street and one who dances when the street is empty.
- One who goes to party and one who stays at home.
- One who understands poems and one who knows no one understands poems.
- One who actually reads newspaper and one who reads only entertainment or sports page!
- One who finishes a bad book and one who leaves in halfway.
- One who makes paper boats and one who makes paper airplanes.
- One who uses paper chits during exam and one who tries to write honestly.
- One who sleeps under quilt and one who does everything possible under a quilt.
- One who makes love at night and one who is lost in impulsive thoughts.
- One who watches kites and one who stands under aeroplane to make a wish.
- One who loves red & communism and one who loves everything but red.
- One who wears yellow, pink, orange and one who wears blue, black, grey.
- One who loves neon and one who hates it.
- One who loves green & yellow and one who loves white & sky blue.
- One who loves old world charms and one who loves skyscrapers
- One who is an old school and one who is a new school.
- One watches the beauty of shrines and one who watches the god resides inside.
- One who thinks in omnipotent god and one who thinks his god is stronger than your god!
- One who prays before little Jesus and one who prays before Balgopal (Little Krishna).
- One who follows angel and one who follows devil.
- One who is relaxed with life and one who is very scared of it.
- One who forgives people easily and one who keeps anger wrapped in an envelope.
- One who carries “Che” on left chest, one who carries Mao in red slogan.
- One who loves a single woman, one who loves every girl possible.
- One who remembers first love and one who pretends to forget it.
- One who badly wants to be a bad boy and one who actually becomes one!
- One who pretends to love his job and one who knows nobody loves his job.
- One loves Marcedes-benz and one who wants to experience palanquin once.
- One who is bossy and one who is friendly
- One who loves daytime and one who enjoys nightlife
- One who knows about Magdalena and one who knows about Vatican
- One who makes your life a mess, one who helps you to clear the mess
- One who hates opposite gender and one who speaks of gender neutrality
- One who believes in leadership and one who thinks self education still rules
- One who addresses himself by job designation and one who introduces himself without name, job, & social status
- One who blames God for everything and one who praises him in hallway still he opens a new door!
- One who loves to be busy at work and who has finished reading my bullshit.
To the girl who was my everything,
Girl, I know you are mad at me. I do understand your anger; that’s why I am writing to you rather than speaking on phone.
Yes, I am guilty. I have cheated on you with another woman. But believe me, I didn’t do anything intentionally. This is happening to me for the first time. I was always loyal to you. I never let any woman touch my shirt, keep head on my shoulder; I never hold their hands. I have politely said ‘no’ to coffee dates. Still, I couldn’t resist this woman. I have discovered a new me getting lost in her. She has colored my soul with a vibrant shade of red. And this red is the color of devastation. For the first time, I am letting my house collapse on fire, I am watching the storm raffle my belongings and a part of me getting shattered with you. I am watching you falling apart and dying inside.
I don’t know why this is happening to me. As if a sudden ray of the afternoon sun has touched me to make me do things that are purely illogical. I have taken off the shirt tagged with ‘good boy.’ For the first time, I’m enjoying being a bad boy. I didn’t gain anything being good for years. I know, being bad won’t help either. Still, I want to get carried away. I know, you are probably cursing me, praying for my destruction and I want to get destroyed, happily. The sin tastes so good!
I will never deny our connections; I will never disown any association with you. You will always be there in a secret cell of my heart.
The boy whom you don’t want to see anymore.
Diary of a jerk:
The crazy winds grazed my face adorably, the first ray of the morning sun invaded my eyes and some morning birds kept chirping. On such a cloudy morning I discovered myself in bed with my ex. I opened my doped eyes and felt like I was just dropped from the sky! It is a very natural feeling when you wake up after long. And I slept like eternity! Slowly the memories of yesterday evening along with the steamy night came before my eyes and I sighed. I searched for the packet of cigarette and her solemn face caught my eyes. Once again her sweet face made me forget what I was searching or what I was thinking.
I looked at the walls; the tiny bulbs are still twinkling. The windowpane is also glittering, bedecked with tiny raindrops. The posters laughed at me. And I looked at her sleeping face. I gazed as if she is the sleeping princess and I am the prince charming to wake her up! Her lunar tattoo on neck greeted me a good morning. Slowly, my eyes rolled into the room, the floor…the paper rolls are still scattered, the empty bottles are lazing away the time. They too probably are quite surprised seeing us together.
I remembered how I met her last night, how she was crying, how I took her home…my home! I remembered how we powdered our noses and drank hard liquor as if there is no tomorrow. And then, like two highly reacting chemicals, we mixed up in bed. Thunders were deafening, lightning was loud and it rained torrentially. We both bafflingly tried to invade and console each other. I wonder how I am still alive after taking so many drugs together!